This resource is a work-in-progress that grows through user participation and contributions. Please contact us with stories, photos, or other memorabilia about your own or a family member's or friend's experience in the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps.
The website is divided into seven sections:
- History: Here you will find historical U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps artifacts, including news reports, publications, and official documents from the World War II era. You will also find scholarship and other resources related to The U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps. Researchers have learned that the Corps made its mark not only during wartime, but also since then in redefining nursing education.
- Legislation: In this section is a timeline of legislative activities at the state and federal levels related to The U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps
- News Items: Here you will find news stories told by U.S. Cadet Nurses who are now in their mid-80s or older.
- Links: In this section are links to a network of resources related to The U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps.
- Profiles: You will find out in this section the differences that The U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps has made, in the words of Cadet Nurses themselves, or of their families or friends. We invite any Cadet Nurse or anyone who has been fortunate to know one to participate and contribute to this part of the website.
- Scrapbook: Here you will find artifacts and other memorabilia contributed by Cadet Nurses, their families, and friends, as well as a list of little know facts about the U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps and related materials. Please participate and contribute to this part of the website.
- We Remember: In this space we remember the U.S. Cadet Nurses who have passed on. Please help us locate family who can help us grow this page.
- Contact: Use this page to contribute to this collection, find out more about The U.S. Cadet Nurse Corps, or to participate in other ways.
We are also on Facebook. Check out the Facebook Community Page by clicking on the icon to the right of this page. Others have also interviewed Cadet Nurses and uploaded these interviews to YouTube or Vimeo. We have compiled these resources into YouTube and Vimeo channels which can be accessed from the icons to the right. For your convenience, there is also an RSS feed so that you can subscribe to this website.
Please come back again and let us know what you think.